The Access User Group of San Diego (AUGSD) is a non-profit organization composed of Microsoft Access users and developers of all stripes -- beginner to super-advanced. Our primary focus is on helping our members use Access to create real-world business applications.
Who you are
- An Access developer
- An Access user
- A data analyst
- A business owner or department manager looking to automate some business process
…and you want to:
- Beef up your database and programming skills
- Improve database performance
- Convert spreadsheets to a database
- Migrate or interface an Access database to SQL Server
- Expand your user base
- Create a proof of concept or prototype
- Find a highly-skilled professional Access developer to build something for you
We are changing!
We are making some changes to the group this year with the intent of making our meetings more useful and informative. We are also making some changes to our membership.
- Discussion topic -- each month, an AUGSD session leader will select an Access-related technical theme and lay out one or more methods of approaching it. The discussion will then be opened up to the membership to weigh in on the pros and cons of that method(s) and others that they've tried. The goal of this format is to stimulate an interchange of ideas rather than just getting one perspective.
- Access Trauma Center -- a member can bring in an ailing database, design challenge, or technical predicament and solicit the group's help in resolving it.
- We will offer an annual membership for $20 dollars for the calendar year, or an attendee can pay $2 at the door for each meeting
Developers page on the web site
. - In the past if a Member made a substantive presentation during the year they could be listed on our Web site developers page. Since we are moving away from the presentation format, but wish to continue to offer the developer page to our consultant members we will offer a listing for $50 per year which includes the $20 annual membership fee. The listing can include your company logo, contact information and a brief summary of your services. We are developing the listing template. If you are interested please contact us at this email address.
“I’m so grateful for the User’s Group!”
Lots of us feel this way… we learn from each other, we support each other, we help each other hone our skills, we learn of Access related jobs, we meet recruiters, we eat pizza (well maybe that isn’t really one of our most important offerings), we learn what Access can do… it can interact with other systems, it can be used to create a feature-rich mature applications with user interface that really works for the user, it can be used as a front-end report generator for data from other systems, it can be used as the backend for other reporting systems, it can be used to … well the possibilities are almost limitless.